MANY GREAT THINGS TO DO & SEE DURING YOUR VISIT
- A great day out for all of the family Merimbula's Magic Mountain has activities for the young and old. Water slide, Toboggan Ride, Roller coaster, dodgem cars, Mini Golf, great Barbecue facilities and lovely grounds.
- Take a stroll along our Board Walk that starts at the causeway and follows the Lake edge up to the Top Lake Boat shed, whilst you are there hire a paddleboat or a tinny, have a coffee. 1.75 klm's either way and just a beautiful way to fill in a spare hour or two.
- Pat the Koala, feed the kangaroos, see wombats, possums and the many different varieties of native birds and animals in their own environment at Potoroo Palace Native Animal Educational Sanctuary or take a Camel or Pony ride at Oakland's Farm and trail rides at Pambula.
- Eden's Killer Whale Museum is one of the oldest museums in NSW and records for posterity this incredible battle between intrepid men in rowboats and the leviathans of the Sea.
- Visit the "Mary MacKillop Hall" and discover why Mother Mary MacKillop's life and work has many important and historical ties to the Bega Valley area.
- Merimbula Aquarium and Wharf Restaurant, from sharks to shrimps, the octopus to the tropical fish. It's all on display in our living theatre of the deep. Fabulous 27 fish tank aquarium and a fantastic ocean tank.
- Tired of the sun then try TOP FUN for 10 pin bowls, Mini-golf, Zone3 Laser and much more. The PICTURE SHOW MAN, for the very best of movies. Visit the Sapphire Aquatic Centre at Pambula, Operating the Bega Valley Shires only fully heated and enclosed swimming pool and fitness centre.
- A Game of Lawn Bowls try Club Sapphire Merimbula and Tura Beach or indoor Carpet Bowls at the Merimbula RSL.
- Enjoy a game of Golf? Then we have two great courses within a 5 minutes drive. Pambula-Merimbula Golf Club and Tura beach Country Club Both clubs offer a very enjoyable place to have a refreshing drink, after your game, with great views and fantastic food.
- Surfing, Swimming, Snorkeling, windsurfing or any other water sports. There is Bar Beach, Short Point, Merimbula Main Beach, Mitchies Jetty, Top Lake and many, many more.
- Late September till early December is whale watching season. Whale Watching Cruises run at this time and Dolphin Cruises through to Easter. Fishing there is Beach, Ocean, rock and Estuary all year long, with Prawning Season late October through to late March. Check the Weather forecast and tides before you come.
Take the car and fill in the Day with a drive to some of our close neighbours, Bega and visit Bega Cheese Heritage Centre, have a picnic at Mumbulla Falls, Brogo Dam and paddle a canoe, Tilba Tilba, Cobargo, Bermagui, Tathra the list goes on.
Book online Merimbula Holiday Accommodation Merimbula Sandpiper Holiday Units Apartments
Merimbula Accommodation, Merimbula Holiday Apartments Merimbula Weather